Friday, March 6, 2009

Our Sink Employs the "Get water on everything except what you're aiming for" Method of Working

From gchat:
me:what should I write about today
Sherwin: maybe we should write about something from your perspective
and then my perspective
Sherwin: the violence of the sink
or the purple rugs that need to die already
me: that would be so tight
I'll write about the sink
yeah!
Sherwin: itll be like Vantage Point except not horrible

Our sink sucks.

As many of you know we don't have the cleanest sink. don't worry we had a roommate meeting (and by roommate meeting I mean we talked about photography and took pictures of random things in the kitchen for 45 minutes, discovered snow outside, and proceeded to drive around and do emergency-brake turns all through our neighborhood for an hour, then came back and went to sleep) and we're working on it. so if you're thinking of moving in, it's great! :)

When we first came to Shiloh I remember going over to the sink to get a glass of water. I was expecting a typical easy flow of water, but when I turned the sink on, fiery evil knives of water came shooting out
in all directions. there was no "stream" or "tap" of water, but only a vicious "CHRREAAKKKKK" followed by "WHOOSH" and finally me yelling, "GAHH!!" as water got all over everything. the dishes, the table around the sink, my shirt, the floor, and I'm pretty sure water even hit my glasses. either that or it rained. only on my glasses. inside.

so we tried different techniques of getting around this problem, and tried to turn it on slow. but then water only drips from the edge of the spout, which is annoying. So one day I decided to smack it with my fist, and a perfect "shower-style" water pattern dripped elegantly into the sink. I of course flipped out and ran and told Sherwin how our sink finally works now, all you have to do is hit it! About a week later I'm in the kitchen with Jon, probably eating cereal and talking about how ironic it is that he was eating English Muffins, when I picked up my cereal bowl and took it over to the sink, turned it on, and slammed my fist down on the spigot, with rejoicing. Jon then looked at me puzzled and walked over next to me, turned off the sink, turned it back on, and gently pulled the spout, producing the very same result. perfect stream of water. then he laughed at me and I went into my room and cried and listened to Thursday. Just kidding. but that would've been pretty funny.

We had conquered the sink. It no longer had power over us. We could actually aim it at things in the sink and clean them!

at least, that's what we
thought. one day, for no reason, the sink's spout reverted back to its true nature, and never returned from the Dark Side. Water spews in all directions now, and no amount of tugging, pulling, or slamming of fists alleviates our situation. it's virtually impossible to clean dishes with because it's so inaccurate. it defies physics. like, water comes out at 360 degrees. I can't explain it. in fact if you want to get a glass of water you have to put the cup literally over the spigot in order to have any hope of filling it up. It's pretty funny, and pretty annoying. Another thing that makes Shiloh the greatest house EVER!!

in other Shiloh-related NEWS (presented in sound byte form): Sherwin and I both had incredible weekends, Liz is funny, Nate Morris is SUPER geeky and sucks at life but is good at WoW, I find out that I'm an even bigger douche than I realized, Ross turns out to be a pretty good photographer, and we're all abstaining from seeing the Watchmen until Vinny comes in to town on Friday the 13th.

See ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment